Here’s something for the fashionista moms and for the kiddies. Harpar’s Bazaar celebrated the 40th Anniversary of American children’s pop-culture icon, Sesame Street, with some of the best designers in the biz. Sesame Street was transformed into Fashion Avenue as Elmo and the gang played super models for the day:
(Carolina Hererra & Elmo – photo by Jason Schmidt for Harper’s Bazaar)
(Bert & Ernie chillen on the stoop with Derek Lam and Thakoon – photo by Jason Schmidt for Harper’s Bazaar)
(It’s the two most famous OSCARS! Oscar the Grouch and Oscar de la Renta of course 😉 photo by Jason Schmidt for Harper’s Bazaar)
(official photo from Sesame Street)
Oscar de la Renta is of course known for his classy, ubic chic womens wear and couture dresses. Oscar the Grouch says he’s not giving up his grunge style anytime soon.
Check out all the fashion fun in the video:
For the 4th of July holiday, President Obama gave a birthday shout out to Sesame Street and it’s contributions:
So what are Sesame Streets big plans to bring in their 40th birthday?
* The 40th anniversary will be Nov. 10, 2009.
* This season, Sesame will use CGI animation for the first time, in Abby segments called “Flying Fairy School.”
* The next two seasons will introduce a science curriculum focused on nature.
* Someone asked what the hardest letter to feature is. You guessed it: X. They’ve had numerous discussions about how to move beyond x-rays and xylophones.
* In Sesame’s tradition of pop-culture parodies for the parents, next season they’ll do Mad Men.
– from TIME’s TV critic James Poniewozik
Now I know I’m not the only excited to see Sesame Street’s version of Mad Men! Lol! Cool family programming – love it!